You are Welcome to Elsinore.

I don't update daily, sorry but I have a life and all that. I will update at least once a week. I'm a writer for SieEnt, a Video Game development company, a Community faculty member in Screenwriting at Metropolitan State University and have a full time job as an analyst at the U of MN. I have an MFA in Creative Writing/Screenwriting from Goddard College, and a bit of a snarky attitude, so hopefully you'll at least be entertained, if not informed. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Super 8

Watched the JJ Abrams helmed Super 8 last night. Felt like I was a kid watching Close Encounters all over again. Quite amazing how he captured all the magic of a Spielberg flick from the 70s yet managed to avoid the hyperbolic sentimentality usually found in the Spielberg films. Though the two dads banding together was a bit much. I mean, who didn't see that coming. The kids were all great, very impressed with the quality of the cast. This brings my total number of films so far this year to 10. It seems there supposed to be movies new to me, and since I've seen the LOTR trilogy so many times, I'll just count them all as 1 for the purposes of Fifty Fifty. Which is where the weird math comes from. Just in case you were pondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment